Natural stone is an asset to your home or office, natural stone such as marble and travertine serves you fully. A simple care and maintenance of stone will increase its life time and beauty. Some crucial ideas for marble cleaning are mentioned in this article.
Here are some of the ideas that can keep your natural stone looks beautiful for long period of time.
- Get rid of sands, small stones and dust from the surface.
- If accidental spills happen clean it quickly.
- Before drinking juice or alcohol apply carpet on the marble, their acids are harmful for marbles and travertine.
- Cleaning your surface regularly is much better option than doing it in a long period of time.
- Always use mats or carpet beneath of hot items.
- Never use bathroom cleaner or acidic cleaner or vinegar or lime juice for marbles and travertine cleaning.
- Never use bleach with ammonia this mixture releases a harmful gas which is not good for health.
- Never use unnecessary chemicals without any specific directions.
Precautions to take care.
- Use mats in front of the door to get rid of small stones and unnatural dust form direct entering the natural stone surface. That will protect from dirt and dust that comes uninvited with shoes and can cause shadiness and scratches to your marbles.
- Use vacuum cleaner to extract dust and small stones from the floor, by using vacuum cleaner you are not letting the stones and dust any damage to your tiles.
- Use mild soap with wet mop to clean your floor or travertine regularly or can also use stone cleaner which is specifically developed from stone to clean your natural stone. Doing mopping every day will do the rest for you. You don’t have to take extra care of the natural stone.
- Never let the accidental spill stay for long wash it, clean it as soon as possible. The longer it stays on the floor the harder it become to clean the spill. Else you have to call a travertine cleaning team to clean your natural stone.
Cleaning tips for shower walls and vanity tops.
- Vanity tops should be cleaned regularly with a natural stone cleaner that will save its shine from getting fade.
- Should clean the mirror in the same area with natural stone or travertine or marble cleaner which is used to cleaning natural stones.
- If you feel that penetrating sealer is required then use it.
- Use a squeegee to minimize the effect of soap scum.
- Keep monitoring your grout lines to get rid of any problem immediately.
Remember these things in mind.
- Never clean any natural stones like limestone, marble or travertine with vinegar or any other acidic cleaner.
- Never use any bathroom cleaner of marble cleaner or travertine cleaner that are acidic.
- Never use nail polish or any such things on the floor directly.
- Never use any unnatural cleaner for your natural stone.
If you still have any doubt in your mind regarding marble cleaning, you can contact cleaning services like abbeyfloorcare for further assistance.